Search

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Why am I writing a blog?

Image result for picture writingWriters write. That's partly why I'm working on this blog. I love to do it. I think I love it because there's nothing riding on my words. No client needing it by a certain date, no agent looking over every word, no editor marking it up with kelly green pen strokes. I just get to write. People can read it if they want; if not, no big deal.

That said, there are some things I want this blog to be, and not be.

I'm not trying to instruct anyone about writing or publishing. I don't really know enough about that myself.

I want readers to instruct me, to tell me what works, what interests them, what would make them read more, or not.

If other writers want a chance to add their work for comments, I'm okay with that. Small bits at a time though. No manuscripts, just sentences, paragraphs, or a page at a time. (And no, you can't do a page at a time for 350 days in a row!)

I really want to publish my novels and eventually retire into a writing life. I think this blog, and its readers, can help me do that.

I guess that's it. That's why I'm writing a blog. Thank you for helping.



No comments:

Post a Comment